Citizens Advice Eastbourne - Coronavirus Charity Appeal
Help us raise £10,000 to support our general advice serviceCitizens Advice Eastbourne is an independent charity; each year we have to raise funds to keep our free advice service going. Like so many other charities, our face to face fundraising activities have had to stop, including a fundraising gala dinner and sponsored walk which would have raised thousands.
That's why we’re asking you, the community of Eastbourne, to donate and help us continue to support local people in need.
In accordance with government guidelines on social distancing, our entire staff team have moved to home working. That’s 50 volunteers and 8 paid staff. We continue to offer advice by telephone and online and are helping people navigate the support which is available. We’re:
- helping people understand their benefits entitlement and helping people apply,
- challenging benefit decisions to make sure people get the support they need,
- understanding their rights and entitlements as employees or self-employed,
- Advising on housing rights and preventing homelessness
- Giving advice on debts and negotiating with creditors
- Advising on domestic abuse, sexual violence and hate crimes and where to get support
...and much more.
People can contact us on any subject and our highly trained team of volunteers and specialists will help you find a way forward or find another agency better able to help. The demand for our services has increased and we expect it to remain high for the foreseeable future, including when the current restrictions are lifted.
However, we are an independent charity and each year we have to raise funds to make sure we can continue to provide our service. Due to the current emergency, we need your help this year more than ever.
So help us to keep providing advice and help to the people who need us.
Donating is easy using LocalGiving.org on our page :