We have the following new volunteer roles available
Buildings maintenance / facilities
To assist with day to day maintenance issues in our main office, reporting faults, arranging work or carrying out minor repairs. This supports our health and safety requirements and keeps the working environment positive for our clients, staff and volunteers. This role will work closely with the Chief Officer.
As well as our extensive computer records, Citizens Advice Eastbourne deals with a lot of paperwork, much of which needs to be stored and retained for a number of years. We are looking for someone who will assist with this aspect of our work. It will involve:
- Identifying case records which need to be archived
- Boxing up files ready for storage - labelling and identifying
- Getting archived records to storage
- Storing records and organising filing
- Arranging secure disposal of records at the appropriate time
Social Media assistant
This role would suit someone with good knowledge of social media platforms - mainly twitter and facebook. You will help generate content and keep the flow of messaging to our audience - clients, stakeholders and other supporters - to explain the immense value of our service. This role will work closely with the Chief Officer and other staff.
The data recorded by our staff and volunteers is second to none and gives us a huge amount of detail about the enquiries we receive and the effect problems have on people’s lives. Our data helps tell the story of what our community is going through and can be hugely influential.
This role would suit anyone interested in statistics, fact figures and spreadsheets using our huge resource of data to help inform our work. If you have studied spreadsheets and data analysis and want a real life example to develop your skills this role is perfect for you.
- Using our Tableau database to access statistics, run reports
- Downloading spreadsheets and manipulating data in Excel / Google Sheets
- Analysing the data, identifying trends
- Presenting data in appealing ways
- Explaining the data to staff and volunteers
This role will work closely with the Chief Officer.